Jump to navigation Jump to search
Here we are making a list of relevant geospatial (or other) datasets created by other researchers.
- Bridges of Medieval England to c.1250 [Stuart Brookes, Eleanor Rye, Eljas Oksanen, 2019].
- Database of Markets and Fairs in England and Wales to 1516 [Samantha Letters et al., 2004].
- MonasteryQuest: Map of all Monastic Houses Suppressed 1535-40 [James Cameron, 2020]. [UPDATE WITH REFERENCE TO LATEST WORK ON WELSH MONASTERIES]
- An Atlas and Gazetteer of Forests and Chases [Jack Langton and Graham Jones, work in progress].
- Clergy of the Church of England Database (The establishment of church schools is significant in economic/demographic development terms).
Unpublished / Forthcoming
- Candidate Towns of England and Wales, c.1563-1911 [Leigh Shaw-Taylor et al., The Cambridge Group for the History of Population & Social Structure (CAMPOP)].
- Candidate Main Roads of England and Wales, c. 1680 [Max Satchell and Alan Rosevear, CAMPOP].
- Beds and Stabling of England and Wales, 1686 [Max Satchell, CAMPOP].
- Inland Waterways GIS for Network Analysis, 1680 [CAMPOP].
- The Bridges of Medieval England to 1800 [David Harrison]
- GIS of the Valor Ecclesiasticus by Parish.
Please contact us with other suggestions!
- Leander Heldring, James A. Robinson, and Sebastian Vollmer, Monks, Gents and Industrialists: The Long-Run Impact of the Dissolution of the English Monasteries, (draft, 2015).