We have a number of ideas for self-contained projects that we might take forward, subject to establishing an effective technical framework, assessment of the likely workload of each, and the scoping of the necessary volunteer network and their training requirements.
λ Indicates projects that can be undertaken largely during lockdown, without access to physical archives.
These are ideas for projects which require preliminary research and consideration. They must demonstrate a clear relevance to our core aim of furthering research into the transportation and economic development of England and Wales between 1530 and 1680.
- Archaeological Finds (both PAS and museum collections)
- Index Villaris, 1680
- Probate Records, 1530-1680
- Quarter Sessions Records, 1530-1680
- Recognizances of Victuallers, 1578-1672
- Stone Freighting by River
- Wikidata <> EMEW
These are projects considered ready for action, subject to volunteer recruitment.
- County Wiki Source Pages, 1530-1680 (identification of repositories and sources at county level and below) λ
- Leland Itinerary in England, 1539-1543 Ρ λ
- Leland Itinerary in Wales, 1536-1539 Ρ λ
- Ogilby Strip Maps, 1675 Ρ λ
- Saxton County Maps, 1574-1579 Ρ λ
- Speed County Maps, 1611-1612 Ρ λ
- Stabling and Accommodation Survey, 1686 (extension of a dataset created by Max Satchell at CAMPOP) Ρ
Commencing October 2021
Please contact us with other suggestions!