λ Indicates projects that can be undertaken largely during lockdown, without access to physical archives.
These are ideas for projects which require preliminary research and consideration. They must demonstrate a clear relevance to our core aim of furthering research into the transportation and economic development of England and Wales between 1530 and 1680.
- Archaeological Finds (both PAS and museum collections)
- Index Villaris, 1680
- Probate Records, 1530-1680
- Quarter Sessions Records, 1530-1680
- Recognizances of Victuallers, 1578-1672
- Stone Freighting by River
- Wikidata <> EMEW
These are projects considered ready for action, subject to volunteer recruitment.
- County Wiki Source Pages, 1530-1680 (identification of repositories and sources at county level and below) λ
- Leland Itinerary in England, 1539-1543 Ρ λ
- Leland Itinerary in Wales, 1536-1539 Ρ λ
- Ogilby Strip Maps, 1675 Ρ λ
- Saxton County Maps, 1574-1579 Ρ λ
- Speed County Maps, 1611-1612 Ρ λ
- Stabling and Accommodation Survey, 1686 (extension of a dataset created by Max Satchell at CAMPOP) Ρ
Commencing October 2021